Duration in Weeks:
I completed Level 3 at the end of last year and Level 4 last month (29th September 2017)
Yes, I have always been interested in fashion and hair seemed like a good option
It was close to home and it looked good. The team at Cut Above Manukau are amazing, it’s like a big family.
The course helped me to improve my confidence a lot. It made me feel more comfortable when talking to clients as English is my second language. It has also helped me to achieve the hairstyles that my clients want.
• 2016 - After being in the course for 7 weeks I entered the Cut Above competitions for the hair by night contest. I came 1st for the Cut Above Auckland Competition.
• 2016 – Runner up for NZARH Auckland Regional – Next Generation Stylist competition + The hair by night – Live Event
• 2017 - Winner of the GHD Instagram photo competition.
• 2017 - Winner of NZARH Auckland Regional - Next Generation Stylist competition for the Live Cut + Day Style hair.
- Runner up for The Next Generation Stylist -The Colour Presentation Event
• 2017 - Winner of the Auckland Top regional stylist newcomer
• 2017 - Member of Supreme team representing Auckland against the rest of NZ
• 2017 - Graduated with Excellence from Level 4 hairdressing
Throughout these competitions, I felt a lot of pride in the work I was accomplishing, I was shocked to see how far I had come, these awards came as a surprise.
At the moment I'm not working full-time as I’m very excited to be starting the Level 4 make-up course at Cut Above City Campus. I recently worked on a paid commercial styling hair, which Cut Above referred me for. I'm studying make-up as it may help me to get more freelance work by having hair and make-up skills
When I do my client's hair and see their face light up when it's all done.
Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed every day. Love learning with Julie, Dylan and Bronwyn.
Everything. I loved learning hair-ups, how to style the hair well and to do perfect highlights and learning colouring techniques.
No matter how you are feeling GET-UP, DRESS-UP AND SHOW-UP with a smile!